Tuesday 10 April 2012

Getting ever closer-only 11 days and 20 hours-seriously nervous-9th April, 2012

Hi everyone-I have been a little remiss here on 'blogland'-sorry-but work has been hectic, fundraising has been hectic, oh and the small matter of training has all been quite time consuming. But yes checked the timer there on our website before writing this blog and realised I am nearly in single days-guess it's really going to happen then. I should now be at 'tapering' stage according to the running experts and indeed my programme-sprints today, an 8 mile on Thursday, and 10miles this coming Saturday doesn't sound much like tapering but I am keeping my faith in the programme that has so far managed to keep me on target and injury free.
It's been all go since my last blog-which was the highlight Take me Out fundraiser in Pettigo, or Omagh Half Marathon-my first race since school days?? Well given they both happened on the same day-let's just say the 31st March was a GREAT day. €4500+ raised for Take Me Out event alone-thanks in large part to Betty Colton and her band of volunteers who went near and far selling tickets and promoting the event-unbelievable and I am not sure how we can thank her! To all the locals who supported it, to the contestants-the lovely Ladies and even Lovelier 'Ruby', a wildcard entry to the 'single ladies' but who provided enough laughs for a year-amazing-thanks Joseph.And to the single guys who juggled , danced and joked their way to hot dates! To Paddy McGuinness (aka Declan Colton) and his partner in crime Paul for compering the event then providing a great night of music, and to Lorraine, Donal and Brian for setting up for the night. Everyone at at office has really got behind the Manager on Run campaign-Maureen, Nuala, Jennifer, Lorraine and Trina-thanks alot. Local businesses provided raffle prizes and Potter's Bar hosted what was truly a great night. This all took place after the small business of running my first half marathon in Omagh. It's all a bit of a blur but I was delighted with how it went on the day-finishing in 1 hr 58 min-my best training time at this distance of 13 miles had previously been 2hrs 8 min-so hopefully that bodes welll for the big day.
Fundraising continues this weekend with an event in my hometown-First BBQ of 2012-let's hope the sunshine comes back-tickets are only a fiver which includes your bbq as well as two great musicians, Justin Black and Kiel Cathers.
Any words of support at this stage will be greatly appreciated and for all who have donated in any way-a massive thank you-I am truly overwhelmed. Will do one more blog before I head to London next Friday

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! I hope the weather is not too bad for you. I am posting to promote a new way of fundraising for all non-profit and charity organisation, in fact schools and clubs can join too. I know that crazy fundraising ideas will get the big money in but this is a way of getting a regular smaller ammount when people make purchases on-line. All register organisation have people who follow them and as they make purchases their charity or club benefits. Please have a look and see if this can benefit your organisation.

    ReplyDelete