Thursday 29 March 2012

24 days-who's counting?? 29th March, 2012

Happy Sunshine week everyone hasn't it been glorious? Makes getting up in the morning so much easier even with the hour stolen from our lives at the weekend.
We really are on the homestretch now-I say 'we' because it seems easier-the harsh reality of running 26 miles on my own hasn't quite entered my realm of reality yet-will wait until the morning of 22nd April to allow that to sink in.
Last Saturday's big 20 miler went okay given that the week leading up to it was mad busy and Friday night was Anchor Boy Parent's Night-so a late evening and zero rest! 20 miles completed in 3hr 14 min-not too bad though I do wonder where the other six miles are going to come from??
Sprints then on Tuesday were so much quicker than last time-distance was 1200 metres x 6 -25 seconds quicker than my last pace at that distance. However 26 miles is quite a wee bit more than 1200 metres so I'll not get too excited about that one! Lunchtime run today of 5 miles in sunshine-had to go fast as I was 'running' late for a meeting:) Now off to Physio and then first ever race on Saturday-Omagh Half Marathon-it will be good test to see how I cope under race conditions-2000+ runners as opposed to lonely wee mee out on the Killeter road-but nothing like the 35,000 in London.
The week has been manic again-so much on...seasonal recruitment, advertising, suppliers oh and a small matter of fundraising target of 20K. I have been to amazed by the support and generosity of pilgrims, businesses, friends, family...and not only their donations but just words of support and the actual effort people are putting in around me to help achieve this target. I am confident we'll have reached it by 22nd April.

Just a reminder first fundraising event this Saturday-night of fun and passion....well fun at Take Me Out in Potters Bar, Pettigo-31st March
Next event is first BBQ of the Year at TownHouse Beer Garden on April 13th with Music by Justin Black and Kiel Cathers.

If you'd like to support either get in touch

if you can't make it maybe you'd like to sponsor me online at www.loughderg.org/donations or www.virginmoneygiving.com/DEBORAHMAXWELL

I really do need your support these last few weeks-thanks so much
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment