Friday 23 March 2012

Less than 30 days to go! 23rd March, 2012

Hi everyone, I am thinking that there will be only 3 or 4 more blogs so I'll try and keep them interesting. Efforts this week have been manic on the fundraising front-the girls in the office have been packing letters, printing tickets...and thankfully counting money! Betty Colton who has taken on the first event Take Me Out (in a week's time in Potter's Bar, Pettigo) is a my new hero-she has done way more miles than I have -albeit in her car-driving around the countryside, standing at marts, knocking on doors, selling tickets for the event-amazing energy! Meanwhile I have been fitting in all the running..17 miles on St. Patrick's Day-lovely spring morning-lambs skipping in the field, sun shining, Patrick smiling on us all...on all apart from one poor dead ewe in a farmer's front garden...I was devestated and when the farmer came out to me to see if I was okay -he couldn't understand the notion of stretching at all!-He was more annoyed that the ewe had died after eating good meal all winter,,,,and sure it wasn't too bad he managed to take three lambs out of it in the morning-priceless:) Skipped the gym on Monday for a wee scenic drive around our lovely Donegal (in the rain)...and back to Tuesday sprints-as I was busting a gut trying to do 12 x 400 m, I had an awful thought that I could be overcome like poor Fabrice Muamba and no-one would find me on the track until the next morning...but the heart held up. Prayers still needed for Fabrice-that he makes a full recovery. Then Thursday's short fast run again had to happen in the morning early before work as i had meetings all day-5 miles as you wake up is no fun! And tomorrow sees the Big 20 again-in a strange kind of way I am almost looking forward to it-as the week has been mental/silly busy. I know I will not be thinking that about Mile 12 or so-but it's the last big big one-the rest will be no longer than 13 until M- Day. Talking of Marathon Day, received my running number yesterday and all the race details-so so scary to see it in front of me-I am actually doing it in less than a month-all the miles marked on a big map-a farcry from my wee country roads-I truly hope I just remain healthy and injury free until then and can enjoy all the atompshere as well appreciate how much people have got behind me.
The very exciting news on a Friday evening is that I am more than halfway to my total-a whopping €12,000 with 29 days left to go and 2 fundraising events.
I cannot tell you how humbling this is, and will certainly spur me on as I tackle the big one tomorrow. For now I must sign off as I rush to prepare for my little Anchor Boys Parents Night at the church-30 little boys trying to do their best in front of their mammies-we are going for the cute factor! Have a great weekend and thnaks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment