Thursday 8 March 2012

Yikes 44 days to go! 8th March, 2012

Hi everyone (well the 10 or so that claim to read my lonely blog-how special are you!) -last update I  notice was almost 3 weeks ago-very remiss of me-sorry-been a tad busy. Well I am still on track-since I blogged last-I have ran 72 miles and still here to tell the tale-the longest one of those was 18 miles week before last-just before heading to Scotland for the weekend-that mentally was a big hurdle to get one really long run out of the way. However kind hit a wee dip last Saturday on a 15 miler-struggled and felt very rough afterwards-think it had just been an insane week at work, hadn't been sleeping great and quite a few of the girls here actually were struck down with the adult version of 'Slap Cheek'-never heard of it in my life-but not something you want to get as an adult-aching joints, deep fatigue etc. But back on track again this week-had a wee niggle in my bad ankle all Monday & Tuesday-to be honest I think it was psychological more than anything..had physio again on friday and everything is good. Was every inspired by Debra Searle on Monday of this week-a professional adventurer who launched the Donegal County Enterprise Week-an amazing woman who rowed across the atlantic herself! Her lasting words to me were 'Choose your Attitude'-so that is my new mantra between now and 22nd April! Not a bad one for all of us everyday if we think about it!
Did a wee five miler today which hand on heart was probably the first run which felt good-so maybe all the training is starting to pay off. I really hope so-I have the biggie on Saturday-20 miles which will be the greatest distance the programme demands-so will get plenty of rest Friday night and see how it goes-will update you next week.
Fundraising campaign is kicking off in earnest this week-doing a big appeal from the Office here-and a few local events are planned.The first of which is Take Me Out in Potters Bar, Pettigo, with music afterwards by The Mucky Ducks on 31st March. Come along if you are anywhere local-should be good craic.
And the most important update-delighted to announce total now sitting at €5750-€2000 a week needed between now and April 22nd-can we do it-Yes We Can (Bob the Builder, 2000). I was just reading up on Get Kids Going yesterday and it really is inspiring stuff to think that €3000 (my fundraising pledge to that charity) can buy a sports wheelchair and be the beginning of something fantastic for a child-the start of Olympic dreams even!

Morale has been at a bit of a low ebb during last weekend so any wee words of support would be greatly appreciated.Wish me luck for TBO (The Big One) this weekend......

No comments:

Post a Comment